Last updated: 22-05-2018
We know that your personal information is important to you and we are committed to ensuring it is kept secure and used carefully. Below you will find a short summary of how and why we collect your data, who we share it with, and what we’re doing to make sure your data is safe and secure. You will also find details of your privacy rights.
If you want to skip to a particular section of this policy please click on the relevant link below.
How to contact us
What does APSI do?
Agora Publishing Services Ireland provides the platforms and systems that support our affiliates – some of the world’s leading privately owned media companies in the health, finance and travel industries. Day to day, we build and support the enterprise applications used by The Agora businesses, allowing them to focus on profits and business growth.
Our desire is to act as the operational extension of the businesses we work with. We want to make things as easy as possible by providing applications and underlying services which are customizable to their marketing needs and customer experience.
What personal information does APSI collect and why?
We collect information in order to allow us to reply to you where you have contacted us through the website.
Information that you provide
We may ask you to provide personal information in order to respond to contact you make on the website. This includes asking you to provide your contact details so that we may respond to you.
The personal information you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are being asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point you are asked to provide it.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
The data we collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or order form, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We collect this information so we can better understand the visitors who come to our Website and what content may be of interest to them. Using the information allows us to improve the quality and relevance of our Website and services.
Who does APSI share my personal information with?
We do not share your information with any third parties.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you where:
- We need the personal information to contact you if required (for example, your email address when you complete our Contact form);
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- We have your consent to do so.
- We need the personal information to comply with our legal obligations
How does APSI keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Your data is stores on our website database server.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, group companies and third party service providers operate in the United States and elsewhere around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. We may not be able to delete your personal information if we have to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations, to perform a task carried out in the public interest, to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims or to exercise our right of freedom of expression and information.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
The data controller of your personal information is APSI.